PMA Latest News
Viewing entries tagged with 'property tips'
HMOs (Houses with Multiple Occupancy) are the first choice for many property investors as it’s obviously more lucrative to have multiple incomes for a single property than just one tenant.
When it comes to financing property investments, there are no hard and fast rules. In recent years, there have been many developments when it comes to sourcing finance. The internet has played its part, and there are some creative online options that are increasing in popularity.
1) From the ONS – House Prices
- House price inflation continues in cities across the UK.
- House prices in the UK rose by 9.8% in 2014, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
- Prices are still growing "strongly", the ONS said.
- Prices rose fastest in England at 10.2%, and by 5.5% in Scotland, 4.9% in Northern Ireland and 4% in Wales.
- The national picture was heavily influenced by London where prices went up by 13.3%.
- The average UK home now costs £272,000.
2) From the ONS – Rental Prices:
- Private rental prices paid by tenants in Great Britain rose by 2.1% in the 12 months to March 2015.
- Private rental prices grew by 2.1% in England, 2.1% in Scotland and 0.8% in Wales in the 12 months to March 2015.
- Rental prices increased in all the English regions over the year to March 2015, with rental prices increasing the most in London (3.2%).
3) Regional Growth
- City level house price inflation ranges from 3.5% in Liverpool to 13.4% in Oxford. The strongest pick-up in house price growth in 2015 Q1 has been registered in Glasgow, Oxford, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle and Sheffield.
- The annual rate of house price growth in London has slowed by a third in the last eight months to 11.8%. Double digit growth is being driven from the more affordable, lower value markets. In central London the rate of growth has slowed to just 3%, lower than most regional cities.
4) PMA’s Top Investment Locations
Manchester – Sustained house price growth for the last 24 Months.