PMA Latest News
with Justin Whittemore and Mark Beal
Hosted by Mark Lloyd, Property Mastery Academy.
Property Mastery Academy was formed with a mission to deliver innovative and unique training courses and mentorship programmes for property investors. This webinar shares the experiences and investment strategies used by leading successful property entrepreneurs, Justin Whittemore and Mark Beal.
New legislation requires landlords to ensure fire safety in their properties
From 1st October 2015, landlords will be required by law to install working smoke and carbon monoxide alarms in their properties.
Investing Away from Home Podcast with Mark Lloyd, Investor & Founder/ Co-Director of Property Mastery Academy.
Mark Lloyd, Investor, Founder and Director of Property Mastery Academy ran successful businesses before he got into property and has applied successful business principles; keeping emotion out of his stock selection, looking sensibly at the numbers, delegating work and relying on key members of staff.
Most new investors think of commercial property as something that other people do or as something you only buy if you are going to convert it into residential. But commercial property can be a great investment. Some of our best returns come from our commercial portfolio, with one of our long-term investments showing a 64% return.
If you’re seriously thinking of entering the world of property investment, take a few minutes to think honestly about your personal attributes. The question is – do you have the commitment, stamina and positive outlook necessary for success?
As you may know by now, Property Mastery Academy is all about property training and teaching you about investment and strategy within the property market. There are many different property investment strategies that we can teach you, alongside the experience and expertise to help you make them a success. But how do you take this training and information and turn it into a profitable business? Well, each strategy is different, but how you use the information and skills we give you is the same.
Would you like to go to work through choice rather than necessity?
Paul Merrick has been financially free for a number of years, having established a successful property business with a mixed portfolio of residential, retail, commercial, industrial and greenbelt, which is worth a seven-figure sum.
As you may know, one of our exciting new courses is a Property Auction Masterclass, the first of which will be taking place on the 4th of July in Bracknell. We will be joined by the wonderful Joe Dolan on a journey through the property auction process, including why you should buy properties at auction, finance and legal packs, auction terminology and so much more. But before we get underway with that, we wanted to give you a few tips and tricks about buying properties at auction, and even better, making the winning bid.
1) From the ONS – House Prices
- House price inflation continues in cities across the UK.
- House prices in the UK rose by 9.8% in 2014, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
- Prices are still growing "strongly", the ONS said.
- Prices rose fastest in England at 10.2%, and by 5.5% in Scotland, 4.9% in Northern Ireland and 4% in Wales.
- The national picture was heavily influenced by London where prices went up by 13.3%.
- The average UK home now costs £272,000.
2) From the ONS – Rental Prices:
- Private rental prices paid by tenants in Great Britain rose by 2.1% in the 12 months to March 2015.
- Private rental prices grew by 2.1% in England, 2.1% in Scotland and 0.8% in Wales in the 12 months to March 2015.
- Rental prices increased in all the English regions over the year to March 2015, with rental prices increasing the most in London (3.2%).
3) Regional Growth
- City level house price inflation ranges from 3.5% in Liverpool to 13.4% in Oxford. The strongest pick-up in house price growth in 2015 Q1 has been registered in Glasgow, Oxford, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle and Sheffield.
- The annual rate of house price growth in London has slowed by a third in the last eight months to 11.8%. Double digit growth is being driven from the more affordable, lower value markets. In central London the rate of growth has slowed to just 3%, lower than most regional cities.
4) PMA’s Top Investment Locations
Manchester – Sustained house price growth for the last 24 Months.
The property market is a fluid thing, and can change drastically from month to month. As an enthusiastic investor in property, you want to be up to date on the latest trends in the property industry to help you make the most of your investment. So today we bring you an update on the latest news on the property front, what’s hot and what’s not.